Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Reveal...

I know it's quite late in the day, but here's the reveal of my Weekend Craft...

Initially I was excited about
this project because you could recycle old newspapers (of which I have plenty in my recycling bin). However, when I hit the craft room and gave it a try, I did not like the newsprint look.

Instead I used a white backing and two sheets of Cosmo Cricket paper from the Dutch Girl Line (Audrey and Eva were used). I alternated the sides since they are double sided papers and really liked the way they worked together.

I used a roll of brown craft paper as my overlay sheet and cut out a clover like shape to coordinate with my patterned papers. I'm not 100% sold on this shape yet, but it may grow on me over time. Either way, it is hanging in my hallway for all to see. Gotta own your stuff, right? Good and maybe not so good.

It was a fun idea and I enjoyed trying it out.


Photobucket
Photobucket