Thursday, October 9, 2008

Creative gift wrap

I love giving gifts. There's something so fun about the excitement I feel when I choose something for someone and cannot wait to see them enjoy it. There's also something fun about wrapping it cutely and making it look perfect.

Last week I gave my husband a small present, a Hallmark Ornament. I'm sure he was thrilled (insert sarcastic smiley here). I choose a grilling snowman since he is King Of The Grill around here. I thought it was adorable and thoughtful since he has like zero ornaments. How can that be? My mom gave me one every year and saved them for me. Anyway, that's a whole other topic.

When I got home from the store I wanted to wrap it and decided the brown Hallmark bag would be perfect wrapping paper. I used the backside which was plain. I used masking tape to secure it because I thought that would look better than invisible tape.
Then I made a little label with lip/kiss marks and his name for the top. These are Avery Round Baker Labels that I design in Microsoft Word and print out.
So simple, inexpensive, custom and cute!

2 comments:

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Cute idea - my hubby & I hardly ever give each other gifts!

Anonymous said...

Very masculine. I like it.