Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day Of School Goodies

Inspired by Wendy at The Shabby Nest, I made a first day of school banner for my son. Today was his first day of preschool at the elementary school he will attend Kindergarten at next year. I was so excited for him to experience this and I wanted to make it a special day.

Here's my version of the school banner hanging in between my kitchen and dining area. I used the trianlge drawing tool in Microsoft Word to make a triangle template, traced and cut that out of different scrapbooking papers, used Avery round labels to print the letters on and some red and yellow ribbon to string it. I think we will be hanging this up on the first day of school every year. So simple and festive.
I also made a little treat bag using some of the same paper, labels and ribbons. I put a little prize in there for him to have after he got home from his first day at preschool.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute! I'm glad I inspired you! Wish I'd had some round labels to print the letters on...would have saved a lot of cutting ;)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

How fun! I have a nephew named Alden. It's a name you don't see every day.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Oops. Sorry, it looks like it is Aiden, not Alden. Cool name, either way! And lucky kid to have such a nice mom.

Andrea said...

LOL Kendra, it's aiden. Thanks for coming by!